Small Bathroom

Old 07-14-03, 07:36 PM
Improver
Visiting Guest
Question Small Bathroom

Hey, I was just wondering if someone can give me any ideas or advice on fixing up our small half bathroom. It is only about 5ft long and 3 ft wide, just big enough for a toilet and a sink. I was thiking about tearing out the cabnet section that holds the sink and making something smaller since this takes up most of hte space. Does anyone know how I can make some shelfs or cabnets that wouldn't take up as much space? Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-03, 09:05 PM
tae
you could mount a cabinet on the wall above the toilet to hold items(they make these just for bathrooms), and get a wall mount sink.

Old 07-23-03, 06:38 PM
JohnR7
Visiting Guest
Re: Small Bathroom

Originally posted by Improver
Does anyone know how I can make some shelfs or cabnets that wouldn't take up as much space? Any help would be appreciated.
Maybe you could just go to a narrower wall mount sink and do away with the cabinet under it.

Old 08-04-03, 01:56 PM
ovenden
Visiting Guest
small bathroom

If your outside wall will allow it, you can install a pocket door and get rid of the door that swings in. We did that to a small bathroom and it made a world of difference.

Old 08-06-03, 10:05 PM
Small bathroom

A pedestal sink is great for a small bath. It takes up less visual space as well as actual physical floor space. A pedestal sink adds a touch of elegance. Large tiles, not small, actually make small bathrooms look larger. A large mirror above the pedestal sink will give it the illusion of greater dimensions as well. Lighter colors also make smaller spaces look larger.