help with a table


Old 10-12-03, 10:33 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
help with a table

I want to use the old legs /frame etc of a table, but want to replace the top. What kind of wood do I need? I want it to look 'farmhouse/butcherblock' type.......wood look with white legs. Can I just make a cover for the old top and attach? I am quite new to doing house repairs and need alot of help! ANY ideas for the table? thanks
Old 10-12-03, 12:21 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,483
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If the table has a current top, you could paint it. This would be the simplest and cheapest way to cover it, making it look 'farmhouse'.

Depending upon the dimensions of the top, you could make it from a sheet of plywood. The dimensions of the frame would have an effect on the way the top would be built.

If you want to paint it, you can find help here. If you want to build a new top, you can find help here. I think the first step is to decide which path to follow.

Hope this helps.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: