trying to build a computer desk

Old 10-16-03, 06:40 PM
lilhottie75
Visiting Guest
Unhappy trying to build a computer desk

hello, i am a lady tring to save some money and build my own computer desk, the catch is im having a little touble figuring out a plan to go about making one could someone please help me?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-03, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is a general idea of what you want? Big surface area? Drawers? Fancy? File cabinets? Big monitor or LCD? Computer sit on the desk or on the floor? Woodworking skills and tools available? How much room is available on the floor and wall for it? Glasses, single vision or bi- tri- focals? Price an issue?

There are almost endless possibilities. We just need to know where to start.

Old 10-17-03, 07:19 AM
minaw
Visiting Guest
Well, we built two corner computer desks recently. I wanted a corner desk for a 19"+ monitor and a side surface for paper work. After looking at several commercial desks for lots of money, I built each with two sheets of plywood, some hardboard backing, some 1x1 braces, and some trim. Total costs for each was around $35 in supplies.

For legs, we used a piece of plywood the depth of the desk surface. Three legs made it solid enough to stand on. Pieces were attached with wood glue and screws

This is very simple and easy to build. Let me know if anyone wants more details.