furniture building software?

Old 11-28-03, 09:08 PM
TKEcowboy
Visiting Guest
furniture building software?

What software would you guys recommend for designing furniture. Primarily cabinetry, computer workstations, etc.
Thanks in advance.

Glenn

Old 11-29-03, 04:20 PM
Furniture Bldr
Visiting Guest
Software of choice plays a few roles.

The main thing is, how much can you afford to spend in reality?

Second, is to determine what exactly you need the software for and what you need to accomplish.

I have Cabinet Vision's Solid Manufacturing and then added. Wood Wizard, Photovision, Panel Optomizer, a full year of E-Support and Telly Support. My ending price was $11,200.00 I have 6 months to pay for it in equal payments, but I had to put down $2,500.00

It's a very advanced program, as it better be for 11 grand! lol

I would recommend you start out with E-Cabinets which you can find at Ecabinetsystems.com or Thermwood.com

E-Cabinets is a FREE program for cabinet makers "Business Owners" or People in the Cabinet Making field and related items.

They will end up doing a backround check on you, to ensure that you really are in the woodworking business and a business owner.

A few steps down from my program there is one called KCDW

Go to KCDW.com It will average about $5,000.00

Any questions, chime back. If you want to see a decent repersentation of what cabinet visions capibilities are go to www.cabinetvisoion.com

Old 11-29-03, 04:21 PM
Furniture Bldr
Visiting Guest
grrrrrrrrr I messed up on the link,,,,,,,,,,,

www.cabinetvision.com

Old 12-01-03, 12:26 PM
minaw
Visiting Guest
Honestly, I never considered there might be a way to design furniture other than with paper, pencil, and a calculator.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: