Folding Table Design

Old 12-20-03, 12:54 AM
miniong28
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Folding Table Design

I'm a band dj and i would like to customize a folding table that would fit one turntable and a mixer. I'm thinking of a portable folding table which is durable enough to resist vibration and won't shake everytime i do my scratch parts.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed. If you have links or sites that has answers to my inquiries, please post em. I would highly appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Old 12-20-03, 06:00 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Lightbulb Suggestions:

Hello: miniong28. Welcome to the Do-It-Yourself Web Site and the Woodworking Topic.

Have you checked the topic at the top of the list of questions titled free woodworking plans on the net by Herm? Doing so may have some links to help locate the plans.

Read some of the existing questions and the replies provided in them may also provide some possible ideas and or possibilities.

Old 12-20-03, 06:10 AM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Banquet table legs are quite stable. You can buy them as a separate item in a couple of grades of quality. You can mount them to almost any sized piece of 3/4 inch plywood. The table would be more stable if it were heavier and more square or round.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-22-03, 12:51 AM
miniong28
Visiting Guest
Folding Table

Thanks for the post Chris! You a have a good point there. I'll try and check out available banquet legs on the net. Thanks man!

Originally posted by chfite
Banquet table legs are quite stable. You can buy them as a separate item in a couple of grades of quality. You can mount them to almost any sized piece of 3/4 inch plywood. The table would be more stable if it were heavier and more square or round.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-24-03, 01:46 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I've built a couple of special purpose tables using banquet table legs and they worked great. I would suggest using plywood - not particle board - for the table top. The attachment screws hold better.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: