Framing an angled wall

Old 01-16-05, 07:38 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Framing an angled wall

I am enlarging a room by building two new walls. I would like to angle one wall at 22 1/2 degrees. Can you explain how to frame the corners for this wall? I have cut the top and sole plates at 22 1/2 , but cannot figure out how to cut the upright 2x4's to turn .Thanks!
Old 01-16-05, 01:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Tilt the blade on a table saw at 22.5 degs and cut it on there.
Old 01-16-05, 01:45 PM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 17,505
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

If its just inside corners.Set the studs square to the plates. Both edge will meet.

Old 01-16-05, 05:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Thanks, Mike and Ed. I experimented with some scrap lumber on the table saw and eventually realized that I had to turn the 2x4's on edge and rip at 22 1/2. It's nice to know that you're out there, though, because even after 16 years of remodeling (the same house!) there's still something new all the time.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: