nail gun dents in plank paneling

Old 02-27-05, 06:09 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
nail gun dents in plank paneling

The carpenter did a wham bam... job putting up 1/4" plank paneling on an existing wall. He covered the nail dents with"Alex Plus",an acrylic latex caulk.When it dried,there were still sunken marks. I redid it to no avail. What can I do/use to even out the surface. Also, how might things look if I painted directly on the unprimed surface,given the touch up vs first using a primer/sealer? Thanks,EZway

Old 02-27-05, 09:48 AM
Sawdustguy
Visiting Guest
If you're going to paint it, I would use Bondo, the same as car bondo. It has very little if any shrinkage rate and works very well to repair damaged areas.

Old 03-01-05, 05:34 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Call the turkey back and tell him to fix the mess - even if he has to do it over on his dime. Why should you have to fix his screwup?? If this is tongue and groove paneling, the nails should have been in the tongues or cleverly hidden with some trim.

If you're painting the paneling, the bondo trick should work. Put it on a little "fat", let it dry, then sand it smooth. If you want stain grade work you're almost certainly looking at a re-do. Wood fillers are really hard to hide.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: