Stamm hinges

Old 03-05-05, 01:58 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stamm hinges

I did a search on the net, but only found them for sale. My local Ace carries these instead of Blum. They are slightly cheaper, and look very similar except the hinge screws together instead of clipping on. Ace offers a volume discount, but I don't want to save money now, just to have to replace them later. Anyone heard of/used Stamm hinges? I want to use them on kitchen cabinets.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-07-05, 06:46 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Hi
Stamm hinges are made in Italy,
http://www.stammitaly.com/
there european hinges just like to one from blum.

there all bore to 35 mm so the blum will fit unless the oled Stamm hinges are press in type

good luck

pg

Old 03-07-05, 07:35 AM
Sawdustguy
Visiting Guest
there all bore to 35 mm so the blum will fit unless the oled Stamm hinges are press in type

Not necessarily true. The hinge holes could be different, which would only lead to filling the current screw hole and re screwing it in.

Also, hinges work differently, so the setting to the center of the hinge from the outside of the door, could most certainaly be different too and could cause the other hinges not to work properly, or adjust the way they should.

Old 03-07-05, 03:35 PM
C
I would not use them because they screw together instead of clipping in place.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-07-05, 08:22 PM
K
chfite
Why no screw on hinges? I looked at the concealed hinges in both bathrooms we've redone. I think they are both screw on, not clip, and one set is blum (clearly the better ones). The hinges came with the doors (refacing, blum) and the other set came with the vanity (special order expo, cheap hinges, no name--maybe liberty).

However, I think they all screw on, at least I know that is how I adjusted them.

I'll be replacing standard hinges, so the bore holes will be all new. I am only slightly mechanically inclined, and can understand that installing the clip ons would be easier, but would there be other benefits?

TIA

Old 03-08-05, 09:44 PM
Sawdustguy
Visiting Guest
The only difference between the new blum clip-ons vs the older screw on models is that the screw on is already attached in the hinge. Once you clip the door on the clip and it's in place, you get the same type of adjusting, it's just a matter of what you think is easier.

With the new clip-on, they have encorporated the screw that use to be on the mounting plate, now on the hinge itsself and you adjust it from there. That screw is the in/out adjustment.

Makes no diffence which one you choose, you'll need to do the same processe to get then to align properly. It's just an update feature from blum to make it a little easier to have added on the clip-on feature

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: