Bread Box

Old 11-24-99, 04:31 PM
Visiting Guest
how to make a bread box with a roll top door

Old 11-24-99, 04:32 PM
Visiting Guest
If you know the basic idea of how the box is to be. The door should be dowel rods spilt in half the long way, then placed on a piece of cloth with glue side by side. Route a groove in the side of the box the same size as the half of dowel and place the ends the grove so the door will go up and down.

Old 11-24-99, 04:34 PM
Visiting Guest
Dwight has a good idea, but, you don't need to go to the trouble of splitting dowels. Flat strips approximately 1/4" thick and 3/8" to 5/8" wide, (depending on how you want the door to look), glued to heavy fabric will work just as well. The bottom of the door should be a heavier piece, dadoed to accommodate the bottom strip and material (glue in) and should be slightly shorter than the inside dimension of the box (the flat strips should extend about 1/4" on each end, fitting into the groove cut in the inside sides of the box)
Good idea to chamfer the top edges of the strips, looks better.

Old 12-05-99, 01:07 AM
Visiting Guest
I AGREE WITH HEIRLOOM. THAT IS HOW I HAVE ALWAYS MADE THEM.HOWEVER DWIGHT HAVE A GOOD IDEA.

------------------

Old 09-16-06, 11:12 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

[QUOTE]how to make a bread box With a HINGED DOOR

Old 09-16-06, 11:14 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks For Your Replies!

I Was Looking For A Blueprint To Cut From ,if Theres Any Available? (for Bread Box ) I Might Want To Mount This Box.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: