Sliding and swiveling tray for bigger TV

Old 09-23-05, 09:41 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Howdy folks-

I'm doing a built-in entertainment center and wondering if any of you guys know if there exists a sliding shelf bracket that can hold up a fairly big TV (30"). I'd prob put a lazy susan on it too. Just want to be able to slide out the TV to give a bigger fiield of view if necessary. I suppose I could build a stop so it doesn't come out too far and become dangerous.

Any links or manufacturers would be really helpful.

I've seen this in hotel room armoires before and have been amazed at how much weight they can hold (27" tube TV).

Thanks!

Old 09-23-05, 09:55 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

I did a Google search and found many sources for my 35". All were quite costly ($150 - $300) if you have a bigger set ($150 - $300) and want BOTH slide and swivel. I needn't need it right away, so I put the idea on a shelf for a while.

I am sure if I wanted to, I could have saved a few bucks, but I quit then. Holding up a seroius screen is not like hanging a small lightweight set from a motel wall. Rockler has some nice stuff for smaller sets.

Considering the rate of improvement, I will save a few pennies and get a thin or plasma setup in a year or two and build it in much easier.

Dick

Old 09-23-05, 10:12 AM
yeah my googles have come up with mostly hanging solutions.

I'm thinking of something like a cabinet drawer sliding bracket, and then create a wood platform for the TV to sit on, that matches the surrounding cabinetry.

--or is that what your finding for $150+

Thanks!

Old 09-23-05, 10:16 AM

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: