bendable qtr rnd for stair finish

Old 09-27-05, 11:29 AM
StewHorsley
Visiting Guest
bendable qtr rnd for stair finish

I can't find the stuff (quarter round, oak)to do a tight curve at the bottom of the lowest riser on my staircase. Where it meets the floor. It's not wood, it's like a nylon or something I think. any help?
STEW

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-05, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't know about Canada, but here in the states you can pick it up at the local builders supply house. One of the makers is a company called Zago which is based in Jersey if I remember right. Also, I think if you check out www.itrim.com they carry flexible trim. Never bought anything from them so I can't tell you what they are like to deal with.

Also, I don't know if you need or want this advice, but if you are trying to match existing moulding, it might actually be "shoe" moulding and not quarter round. People tend to use the names interchangeably, but shoe moulding is more like a quarter ellipse than a circle.

Good luck.

Old 09-27-05, 02:39 PM
StewHorsley
Visiting Guest
Quarter round reply, Thanks

Thanks B,

Yeah, it's a shoe molding i was referring to
Thanks for the links, I'll keep looking, as our HOme Deopt and Rona doesn't have anything like that, I am continuing to search for stairbuilders as well.
Cheers,
STEW

Old 09-28-05, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I looked at our Lowe's last night and they don't carry it. I have it around my bottom step because it is curved - really great stuff, I wish it was invented years ago. Where do housing contractors in your area get their building supplies? You might could check there.

Old 10-04-05, 10:25 AM
StewHorsley
Visiting Guest
Yep, HD neither

Thanks, I am planning to call the stair makers around here, or the guy who lives next to my brother in law--he builds houses. Or I may just take a trip south of the Border and get some there!
STEW