Base Cabinet Lazy Susan

Old 05-19-06, 05:32 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Base Cabinet Lazy Susan

I have a lazy susan in a base kitchen cabinet, no idea what brand, that will not stay closed. I have narrowed the problem to the support post at the top where the post is supported by a metal brace to the cabinet. There is considerable wobble at that point. It looks like a bearing ring or bushing is missing causing the door to hang open. On the bottom of the unit at the floor of the cabinet the lazy susan unit rotates on two little wheels. It must be pretty old because I have not seen one with wheels before. Would anyone know what brand this might be or where I could find parts. Any suggestions welcome. (we just bought this old house this is one of our problems) Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-06, 11:20 AM
W
It might be easier to just replace the whole lazy susan. Just Google lazy susan for a source.

Old 06-01-06, 04:36 AM
C
dont replace the cabinet. if it is a true lazy suzan it will not come out with out pulling cabinets on either side. look at the center shaft and look for screws coming out of it. theses screws are ajustments for the lazy susan for up and down. also up at the top or bottom of the shaft mounting points there maybe ajustments to get the shaft more plumb. if there are adjustments you can fix it. the problem with these cabinets is there are so many ajustments it is hard to figure out which ones will help. if worse comes to worse you can buy replacement parts for these cabinets.

Old 06-01-06, 04:40 AM
D
lazy susan

Thanks for the info. I found a "collar" to stabilize the post so now it does not hang open. But now I have discovered that the entire unit needs to be moved deeper into the cabinet by 1/2 inch so it will fit flush with the cabinet. That I will save for a day when I have nothing else to do. Thanks again....