Looking for graphical assisstance

Old 05-12-07, 12:17 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for graphical assisstance

At 47, I'm relatively new to woodworking/ Cabinetry.
lots of blue collar thoughout my life, and I've started collecting equip, table saw, band saw, ect. but i'm not familiar with the terminology and /or what it represents or refers to.
and my first efforts were clumsy looking at best. i'm totally drawn to this trade at this date in life and wish to make a hobby of it.
fter browsing numerous sites and purchasing downloads for projects that don't help any, I've finally given in to the one thing a male hates to do. ask for directions! ( at least this male anyway).
I'm looking for a site that will provide me with graphical images that explain what each woodworking term is refering to, especially in cabinetry. and later for toy creating.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-07, 12:58 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lots of online sites and books available. Local library and online searches will provide lots of info.

Old 05-12-07, 05:48 AM
Group Moderator
Received 53 Votes on 43 Posts
For starters you might subscribe to Shop Notes published by August Home (www.augusthome.com). Lots of good tips, tricks, and instructional material. Plus it contains NO ads. After that, lots of surfing the web. Here's a starter:

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/glossarywoodworking

http://woodworking.about.com/ - Surf the items under "Topics" on the left side menu.

And possibly your local community college offers a basic course?

Old 05-12-07, 07:03 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Keep hanging out here and you'll pick up quite a bit - soon you'll be answering questions as well as asking.