shadow box

Old 08-10-07, 11:57 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
shadow box

we recently went to disney with our kids. they did the pin trading thing with the cast members and i would like to build shadow box type wall frames to display them in their rooms. i have basic wood working skills and typical tools, but need to have some sort of plan to work off of. any ideas out there?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-07, 02:39 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile

I tried to build one a couple years ago and ended up going to Michael's Crafts and buying it instead. After coming up with the box frame and then a back to it and then realized I needed to now get a piece of glass custom cut for the front.......I went to Michael's with my 40% coupon from the Sunday paper and spent the $12 !!!

Sounds like you had a fun trip!

Old 08-11-07, 07:52 AM
W
Received 16 Votes on 15 Posts
Shadow Box

I built some shadow boxes using thin plywood for the backs and screen lattice for the frame and partitions. The lattice is approximately 1/4 in thick by 1 1/4 in to 1 1/2 in wide with 4 square edges. I used hot glue and small brads to assemble the boxes. Precise measuring and cutting is a must to to get a good result. Sketch the design you want, attach the back to the outside frame, and then install the partitions. Good luck with your project.