mounting a headboard to the wall

Old 12-10-07, 10:19 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
mounting a headboard to the wall

My wife wants me to make us a headboard. actually, a huge headboard. Its fairly simple. a couple sheets of plywood covered in foam and fabric with some buttons etc. My question is, whats the best way to mount this to the wall?? I cant just drill through the front of the thing due to the fabric and I want it as flush to the wall as possible.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-07, 05:58 PM
You can put three or four heavy duty picture hooks on the wall into the studs and then use heavy picture wire on the headboard. Or use two long screws into the headboard right to the studs but peel back the fabric and then put back appropriately. I never saw a headboard fixed to the wall before.

Old 12-16-07, 06:15 PM
K
Its pretty easy actually. As long as you have a table saw. You want two 1Xs. 1X4's should do it but you could go a little wider if you want. You want them to be almost as long as the headboard is wide.

Cut each board down one side (the 3/4" side) on a 45 degree angle.

Mount one board directly to the wall (make sure you get into studs). You want to mount it with the 45 angle pointing up at you, so you now have a "groove" between the wall and the outermost part of the board.

Now you mount the other board directly to the back of the headboard with the angle pointing down (same "groove" is there, just pointing down instead). This now fits into the one you just mounted to the wall. No biggy. Just make sure you mount the boards up high enough... the higher up the better.

Hope that makes sense to you. Oh, don't forget to make sure everything is level of course. If the headboard is very heavy, you may want to use something a little thicker than a 1X instead.

Old 01-26-08, 05:02 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Good site pokesdown. Looks to be a good option. Nagra4s, you must not have ever stayed at a cheap motel. The opposing 2x angle braces work well, too, but I think if you can find the braces mentioned by pokesdown, you won't have any gap behind it.