Building a dishwasher enclosure

Old 01-21-08, 03:05 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Building a dishwasher enclosure

I have just finished building new base cabinets for my wife's new kitchen. I have installed all of the units that I have built. I have used 3/4" birch plywood for the sides, 1/2" for the back, and 3/4" 1x2 poplar for the face frames. The last thing I have to build is the enclosure for her new dishwasher. I am having trouble finding information on the best way to do this -- the dishwasher sits at the end of a row of cabinets adjacent to a door. Does anyone have any idea where I can look for some sample designs so that I don't have to undo anything when the new dishwasher arrives?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-08, 08:01 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You don't need to build an enclosure as such. All you need is a panel just like a cabinet end with a 1 X 2 on the front to match the cabinets you built set at 24" from the sink base, if that's the last cabinet. That's 24" from stile to stile, not panel to panel. It will be a little floppy until you get the countertop installed, so temporarily fasten a piece of wood from the end panel to the last cabinet to hold it in place. Put it inside so the holes don't show. Once the countertop is in place and fastened down, remove the temporary brace and install the dishwasher.