Crown Molding Vertical turn questions.

Old 01-23-08, 09:44 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Crown Molding Vertical turn questions.

Ok, I had read a few books, and tried to make templates, but either the directions were wrong or I followed them wrong. Most likely the latter.

I am trying to make the vertical turn as shown below in the pic of 90* inside vertical turn.

I made the left hand side of the template by turning the blade Clockwise-left 38.2* and blade tilted 25.8* to the left and the top of the crown molding against the fence. The piece remaining on the left of the blade is my template for LH side vertical turn.

Next I made the right hand side by moving the mitre angle to the right=Counter Clockwise 38.2* and blade tilted to the left 25.8* and the bottom of the crown against the fence. The piece to the left of the blade is the RH side of the template.

When I did this it did not work.

What am I doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-08, 10:49 AM
S
Nevermind

Never mind. I figured it out.
I must have been using the throw away piece instead of the actual piece remaining. Works perfectly now.

Thanks anyways all.

Doing this makes me appreciate why people pay for professionals to install molding.

Old 01-23-08, 03:20 PM
J
That one is fairly easy, as you found out. A tough one is going up a stairwell. But none are really easy, since there is no such thing as a perfect 90 or a flat wall.