Need Expert in Hardware

Old 04-07-08, 05:26 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need Expert in Hardware

We are trying to make a wall mounted media cabinet with doors that slide straight out to the sides... thereby sitting to either side of the tv box when the doors are open. We do NOT want them to retract inside the box. We are going to mount 3D art on the doors.

We don't know what kind of mechanism to use to slide the doors. Any ideas and suggestions would be most appreciated.

This photo gives an idea of what we want the doors to do.... thank you so very much for your time and expertise!
http://www.luxist.com/2007/08/15/mir...ma-tv-cabinet/

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-08, 05:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hello,

I believe you are looking for a slide, similar to this one:
http://www.chambrelan.com/en/pages/g...b168ee28ac5e0a

If you look at the picture in the lower part of the page, you can see how this slide may be adapted to your application.
If this is not exactly the hardware you desire, you may get other results by using the search parameters: "cabinet door slides"

Connie

Old 04-07-08, 06:04 PM
K
This link broken, BTW, but I saw your other thread.

There is no perfect way to accomplish this, because hardware should not be visible on the walls, yet the doors presumably should not be a good deal wider, closed, than the opening. Kinda asking, "make it tall & wide, yet small."

My suggestion, if you want all hardware out of view: Use these. Yeah I know you don't want them retracting - and they won't retract in your case. Forget about that. Normally these are mounted with the short "traveler" part on the door. You would do it backward, with the short part fixed to the box face. And not use hinges, of course.