workshop storage cabinet

Old 06-29-08, 08:17 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile workshop storage cabinet

I have a project that I have been thinking about for some time....getting my work are in the basement organized..or as my wife likes to say...getting my ducks in a row.....I want to either make or buy a cabinet to put of lot of my stuff in....nails,screws and tools.....have looked at Lowes and such and most are priced at least $100....have looked at the wood sheets...plywood and such and with hardward...I have to believe I could make something for at least the same amount.......I am leaning to making a cabinet...one reason is I have not done something like this for a long time and it is something my son & I can do together.......biggest Question is just what type of wood can I use......it is going to be used in my basement......going to be about (4')W x (72")H x (22")D....lots of shelves and maybe some drawers (which I have never made)....I know that this has been a long statement...but any suggestion of any kind will be a big help.........Thanks....

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-08, 03:37 PM
J
Another 'no replies'. It is unlikely you can make a cabinet for less that the inexpensive(CHEAP), Chineese cabinets at big box. But with careful consideration, you can certainly make one with better space utilization. Plywood is not cheap, and unless you have a good table/radial saw it is hard(not impossible) to get straight cuts for cabinet type construction. You could make a cabinet with shelves(even adjustable) and populate it with inexpensive plastic drawer units from big box. They come is lots of sizes.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-01-08, 06:00 AM
B
Thumbs up storage cabinet

You are probably right Bill.....they go together in a day...but it is not exactly what i will need..so I will have to do some rework...so I will build what I need from the get go....besides...just think of of cool tools that I will get to make this happen....nothing wrong with that....happy hammering....