Bostitch vs Porter Cable...Combo kits

Old 08-04-08, 02:58 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bostitch vs Porter Cable...Combo kits

I'm stumped as to which combo kit to get. They both seem to be about the same and the compressors are comparable too (the Bostitch has a larger motor but the PC has 15 more PSI & more SCFM)

I know they are both good brands but is one preferred over the other???

I'm only going to be using this for projects around the house, trim, crown, etc. I have a compressor but it's a large one thats why I want to get the combo so I won't have to lug my huge compressor inside every time I want to use one of the nailers.

Here is the info on each one. I can get the Bostitch cheaper by the way.

Porter Cable
http://www.deltaportercable.com/Prod...oductID=15662#

Bostitch
http://www.bostitch.com/default.asp?...Trim+Combo+Kit

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-08, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Lucky
You didn't need to start a new post. What? are you doing market research? lol j/k

Get the guns in yer hand...feel the balance, push them up against some wood. Check availability of repair centers in your area. Look at included accessories. Look at the warranty. They're both just as good a name.

I have PC and Senco...just because they were really (really!) on sale. (DISCLAIMER I worked at a HD so I was able to find the deals.) And I think the angled finish nailer is worth having, esp if yer doing crown, chair, and base.

Old 08-04-08, 04:27 PM
L
Well the other post was to determine if the Bostitch was good, then I ran across the PC. So this is more a "which one" thread....LOL

I'm not really able to get them in my hands and see how they feel; i'm going to be buying it online.

You would think I work for consumer reports with as much research i've done!!! I've always been like that, I will research something to death before I make a purchase. I guess it's from hearing and seeing people regret their purchases.

I really would rather have an angle but i'll use the one that comes with the kit and decide if I really need the angle (probably will) then if I do i'll sell the one that came with it and buy an angle.

Old 08-27-08, 08:12 AM
R
Ratface

I have a hard time finding nails that fit my PC either at HD or Menards. I see a lot more Bostich stuff. I would buy the gun with the biggest availibility for nails.

Old 08-28-08, 09:28 AM
L
I decided to go with the Bostitch. It seems to be what a lot of contractors use so i figured it would be very reliable.

Old 01-02-09, 08:04 PM
S
I currently own the porter cable combo. Pretty happy with it. I have had it almost one month and put it to good use. Nothing like the abuse of a contractor tho. The dual outlets are nice to have but I cant see myself using them very much, since I dont get much help with projects anyhow. it does have a max of 150 PSI which is okay but you dont even need 120 output for the guns. Manufacturers recommend about 110-115.

But here is my situation, I just saw the Stanley Bostich today at lowes for 279 ($20 cheaper) and I am definatley considering returning my PC kit to HD and purchasing the Bostitch kit. However my PC kit did include a pin nailer (4 guns) but I cant imagine Ill put much use to it. Bostitch carries a much better reputation, plus the 7 YEAR Warranty is unbeatable.
I hope yall find this helpful.