Laminate flooring

Old 08-31-08, 12:23 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Laminate flooring

Hi All,

I would appreciate some help and advice. I am laying inter-locking flooring in my entrance hall. No problem with the flat surface BUT -- I have two stairs that I need to lay as well. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this. Having removed the carpet and underlay, the stairs still have a lip on them. Should I fill this so that the riser and the upper floor have a clean 90 deg edge?

Help!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-08, 12:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You won't get the laminate to fit on the stairs, sorry. As you suggested, the bullnose will be your problem, and the laminate won't bend. The stairs will probably need retreading with oak bullnose and stained the color of your laminate to make it pleasing.

Old 09-02-08, 03:56 AM
T
staining stairs

In the process of vanishing wooden stairs that the carpets have been removed. stairs have been sanded down but holes have been filled with natural wood filler. when applyng the stain it does not cover the filler, any suggestions.

Last edited by thesigona; 09-02-08 at 04:11 AM. Reason: knowledge
Old 09-02-08, 04:08 AM
T
I am paying two workers to lay laminate flooring and so far they have not tried to match the boards I pointed it out to them to be told thats not done. Also I am[QUOTE=thesigona;1422552]In the process of vanishing wooden stairs that the carpets have been removed. stairs have been sanded down and holes have been filled with natural wood filler but the stain is not covering the filler any suggestions. Thanks