table legs

Old 09-07-08, 03:43 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
table legs

Hello, in need of a little help here...i have a coffee table, that measures 42x36, it has a base underneath that is held with brackets, so that it can be detached. I would like to make it a table, and am stuck on what type of legs to use and how many. I tried 2 4x4 with a brace in the middle, so that it would be easy to use in a booth seating set up, but its wobbling, and i used metal post caps to attach it to the base. What am i doing wrong? I had wanted to make it easy to pull in and out, and away from the banquette when not in use..I don't have alot of carpentry exp, just some understanding from watching countless DIY shows and a passion for wood...please help. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-08, 03:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You say it is a coffee table. Does it have legs, now? If not, you can buy turned legs, or turned columns from the big box stores that you can attach to the removable base, then reattach the base to the top. Will you be using this in your house or in the garage? Just curious as the 4x4's indicate an outdoor application since they are pressure treated, and terminally ugly.