Ideas for nightstands for this bed

Old 09-10-08, 10:40 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ideas for nightstands for this bed

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but am looking for some advice on night stands.

So I'm buying this bed from West Elm. I'm not the biggest fan of the night stand and wanted to make my own.

I like simple clean designs and right now am thinking about long night stands (2ft. x 4 ft) that are raised just 4 inches off the ground. It would be like the night stand from the picture, but no drawer and longer.

As this would be my first home improvement project, I see this as extremely simple. I just need two pieces of wood (4" x 4' x 2' and 4"x 2' x 1'), held together by wood screws. Is there any other advice for this design?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-08, 04:00 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Not sure where you will find 4" thick boards in the dimensions you need. The other two dimensions you can cut. The way I see it, you will need two boards, 3/4" x 4" tall x 4' long, and two 3/4" x 4" tall x 22 1/2" long for the base, and 2 each 3/4 x 4" x 24" and 2 each 3/4" x 4" x 10 1/2" long. Secure the shorter boards inside the longer boards. This will give you a table with full dimensions of 4' x 2' and 2' x 1', if that is what you are looking for. Don't forget the top. You will need at least a board the width of the finished base and top to make it work.