Combining 2 drawers on a dresser

Old 10-30-08, 02:39 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post Combining 2 drawers on a dresser

Hi,

I’m new to the forum and the world of “DIY,” so I apologize if this sounds like a silly question.

My bedroom dresser has 4 rows of drawers. The top row is cut into 3 individual drawers for socks, underwear, etc. and the bottom 3 rows span the width of the dresser. I like it, but I wouldn’t mind trading in the dresser for one with only 3 rows of drawers – hence the drawers themselves would be deeper.

So I thought about if it’s possible to combine the bottom 2 rows into one drawer by connecting the drawer face on the inside with some sort of bracket and cutting out the 2nd-to-bottom draw.

Has anyone done this in the past? Is there anything I need to know before proceeding?

Thanks,

Sam

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-08, 04:22 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Sam, welcome to the forums! I think you would, first, work yourself to death doing this, and you would lose the structural integrity of the drawer making it so large. In addition, having it so deep would make it difficult to get to the stuff on the bottom. Interesting proposition, but I don't think it would fly. Let us know if we can help on other projects.

Old 10-30-08, 08:42 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Chandler. I have to measure the depth of the drawers to see - that's the real problem, the drawers are not deep enough.

Originally Posted by chandler View Post
I don't think it would fly.
In the meantime, I'm absolutely positive that my wife loves your view on my proposed, and perhaps ill-fated, project.