closet shelves in 135' angle wall

Old 12-22-08, 08:34 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
closet shelves in 135' angle wall

Hi all,

I am looking for ideas on how to add some closet shelves on walls that are at 135' angles. Below is the shape of the closet. I want to add continuous shelves from the 27" wall to to the 45" wall and onto the other 27"wall. At least three vertical shelves 18" apart. This closet is in a playroom with a lot of toys and junk so the shelves need to be sturdy.

27"
+---
|----\
|-----\
|------\ 45"
|-------\
|--------\
|--------|
|--------| 27"
+--------

My current plan is to use the track shelf system. Basically you install a header track at the top of the wall, then add hangers from it and then install brackets to hold the shelves. I was then going to add 3/4"x12" shelves. Miter the 135' angles and fit everything in.

But, the brackets are kind of "ugly" looking so I was hoping to find another solution. I know I could add cleets along the wall, but I can't figure out how to span the 45" wall without excessive sagging. Also, I would like to have a flexible system that I could change if needed (hence the original idea to use the track system).

Last edited by masrepus; 12-22-08 at 09:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-08, 03:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Install a slat wall. That will make it universally adjustable. Most good lumber yards and maybe even some of the big box stores can give you information on it.