Shelf Standard ~ CLIPs ~ Where To Find???

Old 12-24-08, 04:55 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shelf Standard ~ CLIPs ~ Where To Find???

Anyone know where I can find the metal "Clips" used for twin-slotted standards? This standard and clip duo are used in cabinets/bookcases to hold shelves. The clips I need have two "inserts" [on top and bottom of clip] to fit into the standard. I can find the single-insert clips everywhere, but haven't been able to find the ones I need. The standards that I have are fairly old - guess that's why I'm having trouble finding the clips that work with them.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-08, 05:18 AM
W
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Clips

Is this what you need?

Shelf Clips ZINC - Bag of 20: WoodZone.com

Let us know if this is the right type. Good luck with your project.

Old 01-03-09, 03:45 AM
L
Shelf Standard ~ "CLIPs" ~ Where To Find???

Originally Posted by Wirepuller38 View Post
Is this what you need?

Shelf Clips ZINC - Bag of 20: WoodZone.com

Let us know if this is the right type. Good luck with your project.
No, these are NoT the right type of Clips - but I certainly appreciate your reply. Everything about the Clips in your link is correct, eXcePT: The Clips I need have Two insert tabs - two on top and two on bottom of the clip = Four insert tabs.

Sure hope someone knows where to find these four-insert-tab Clips. I've got a great shelving unit, complete with shelves [ready to be installed], but it's not usable until I can find this particular Clip.

Thanks very much!

Old 01-03-09, 09:26 AM
S
Are there any markings of any kind on the standards?Usually the manufacturer will mark the products with some sort of ID either a brand marking or item number etc.

Also depending on how the standards are attached it may be simpler to replace them with KV or similar brand that uses easy to find clips.The standards are not that expensive.

Old 01-04-09, 05:29 AM
L
Shelf Standard ~ "CLIPs" ~ Where To Find???

Originally Posted by spdavid View Post
Are there any markings of any kind on the standards?Usually the manufacturer will mark the products with some sort of ID either a brand marking or item number etc.

Also depending on how the standards are attached it may be simpler to replace them with KV or similar brand that uses easy to find clips.The standards are not that expensive.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have looked on the Standards for manufacturer ID, but there's nothing to be found. [It's possible that if I removed them, there might be a manufacturer ID on the back.] And yes, I may have to do exactly what you suggest, and change the standards to accommodate clips that are readily available. Thanks again.