Baseball/Football card display cabinet plans?

Old 02-02-09, 09:52 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Baseball/Football card display cabinet plans?

Hi all,

I'm a novice with 'finish' carpentry, perhaps an intermediate with rough framing (don't currently do either for a living).

With that in mind, can someone recommed a set of plans that I could follow to build a sort of display case for sports cards? I'm thinking something with a glass (or plexiglass) door framed with maple or similar wood, hinged.

I would also appreciate any recommendations for an inexpesive router that I could use to put a nice trim edge on these. I'm looking to build perhaps 10 or so that would display up to maybe 30 cards each.

Thanks in advance!

Gary

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-09, 05:00 AM
You might want to Google for plans for a shadow box. This type of case can be expanded to suit your needs. A really good philatelic (stamp collector's) supply house might have some mounts for the cards that would protect them, assuming they aren't already in plastic.

A door is fairly simple to construct - and the shadpw box plans may inclde details of one.

As for a router - I've used a Makita for years for light work -
don't remember the model number but I'll trot out to the shop and post it tomorrow.

Old 02-10-09, 10:03 PM
R
Hi George,

Thanks for the response. I do appreciate it. I'll be looking into plans for shadow boxes.

Sincerely,

Gary