Refloor, repaint, recounter and recabinet cost?

Old 02-15-09, 02:07 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Refloor, repaint, recounter and recabinet cost?

I'm an aspiring first-time-home-owner and was hoping to get some insight from someone who might have been in my shoes once.

A little detail on my situation: I'm looking at purchasing a 3 bedroom, 2 bath condominium that's roughly 1,250 sq. feet. The problem with it is, I would likely need to pull out the carpeting, tile and linoleum that's in there now and replace it. Along with that, I'd need to replace/resurface the cabinets everywhere, put in new countertops and paint it as well.

So, the advice I'm looking for is really a rough estimate (I understand the impossibility of this question, so I'm just looking for any figures) of the cost of everything. Ideally, I'd like to put in a hardwood, bamboo or tile flooring and have middle-range cabinets and a nice countertop -- pretty much what you see in a lot of remodeled condos and apartments these days.

If anyone has any idea for me how much this could run... or any advice regarding researching it, or just about the project in general, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-09, 05:29 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 321 Votes on 285 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I doubt you could get any viable estimate here. Labor prices vary greatly in different regions. Your best bet would be to talk to local contractors and suppliers - that would give you a rough idea although nothing will replace an actual bid.... which requires looking at the job and deciding on materials to be used.

Old 02-15-09, 05:51 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You should do a line item breakdown of all the work that you feel this place needs. Handle each aspect seperately. Get a total figure for the work that you are planning and incorporate this number into your bid for the condo.
Like Mark said, it's hard to get an accurate figure, especially where labor is concerned and you don't say where you are. Get seperate bids for each aspect of your job.