Frame a wiindow opening

Old 02-17-09, 09:39 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frame a wiindow opening

We want to frame and drywall a window opening in our kitchen. We plan on removing the window and then frame the opening and then what do we do?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-09, 04:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
What are your plans for the outside of the house? Do you have vinyl siding, wood finish, etc? Your worst contingency is finishing the outside without making it look like you took a window out. For the inside, yes, remove the window, use the existing window framing, and install sisters around the opening (something to nail to) and an extra stud if necessary, depending on the size of the opening. Then you can sheetrock it and finish it.
Let us know what the outside looks like. You could even post a couple of pictures on a site such as photobucket.com and copy/paste the HTML code to your reply post so we can see what you see and offer better suggestions.

Old 02-18-09, 10:03 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Window opening

We have vinyl siding on our house, but we are lucky we are removing another windowremoved in our bedroom and having a set of french doors put in so we were planning on using the siding they remove for the french door to put over the other olde window opening we are closing up in the kitchen. I am not sure if we will have enough vinyl siding from the where the french doors are going but we have no idea what else we could use on the outside wall in the kitchen.
My husband asked me to ask about a "vapour barrier"?

Thanks