Roof issues!!!

Old 05-09-09, 02:00 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Roof issues!!!

can anyonr here tell me the correct way to determine the pitch of a roof once the house is totally finished and also without have to climb on top the roof?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-09, 04:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Sounds as if you may be second guessing your house plans, but one way would be to get up the edge of the roof with a 2' level and 1' ruler. Place one edge of the level on the roof, hold it level and hold the ruler at the one foot mark on the level. Whatever your reading is in inches is your pitch. If you have 6", then it is considered a 6:12 pitch roof. Is this what you had in mind?

Old 05-09-09, 05:12 AM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
One easy (and safe) way: when I can see the rake from the ground, I use this Johnson "angle finder" ($7.00 or so at your local home center):

(It's easier to align accurately when you are not trying to take a picture )

------------

Home Inspection: "A business with illogically high liability, slim profit margins and limited economies of scale. An incredibly diverse, multi-disciplined consulting service, delivered under difficult in-field circumstances, before a hostile audience in an impossibly short time frame, requiring the production of an extraordinarily detailed technical report, almost instantly, without benefit of research facilities or resources." - Alan Carson