Cap to prevent mashed stakes?


Old 05-18-09, 01:36 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2009
Location: America
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cap to prevent mashed stakes?

May 18, 2009

Every so often I need to drive a 2 by 4 wooden stake into the earth for attachment to a brace or some other purpose. Frequently the sledge hammer splits the whamming end of the stake before it's driven deep enough.

It seems like someone should have invented a simple cap that fits over the top end of the board to protect it. It would be made of steel or tapioca pudding or some other substance that can withstand frequent pounding with a sledge. The inside dimensions in plan view would be just a bit bigger than 1-1/2 by 3-1/2, and it would fit down over the stake maybe 4 inches.

Is there such a thing? If so, what is it called and who makes it?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-09, 09:04 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,982
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1-1/2 by 3-1/2 Isn't that the size of an electrical outlet box or close to it? That might work.
Old 05-20-09, 07:29 AM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,483
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I found this product here: The Striker Store - Home

It seems to be what you want.

Hope this helps.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: