Finishing around stand.

Old 06-28-09, 08:02 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Finishing around stand.

I have a tank (like a fish tank but no water in it) and it's currently sitting on a strong base, 4 legs with cross beams for balance, this is an ugly look, we have a bit of basic board around the outside of this now so we can't see under the stand but i'm wanting to buy some timber and put a nice finish to this..

Maybe having a number of 'slats' with a bit of skirting type stuff around the top and bottom, similar to this ..

-----
|||||
-----

I'm not sure were to start? what timber should I use? I'm in NZ. How can I join these slats?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-09, 03:45 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not sure what is availablke there, but moldings and trim pieces can go a long way toward making a chunk of wood look very proper. Check books on trim carpentry, or shelving units, built-in, etc. They should give you some ideas.

Old 06-29-09, 06:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I know one wood you wouldn't want to use. Not sure of the name of it, but it is grown in NZ. It is used as cattle fencing here. It comes in 2x2x 40" or so, hard as a rock, won't conduct electricity, won't float. Some bad stuff to cut. We run 8000 volts of electricity through it to keep cattle at bay. Do you know the wood I'm talking about? If you could cut it, it would make a very nice facade for your tank.