What hinges?

Old 07-29-09, 07:01 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What hinges?

Does anybody know which hinges i should use for holding together trifold mirror? Middle part is secured on the table, side parts are approximately 12 inches wide and 21 tall, wooden frame is 1 3/4 wide.

regards,

Olena

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-09, 03:04 PM
J
terrible thing to say, but I never looked, I just install them. Basic type hinges, euro hinges are too deep, so not likely those. Go to a big box store and check out some cabinets.

Old 07-29-09, 03:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I have used the self setting or no mortise hinges for mirrors. Sort of like the ones on bifold doors.

Old 07-29-09, 06:42 PM
O
Thank you, it is a really good idea to look. The problem is I wouldn't really know where. I am placing an order to make me a dressing table with a threefold mirror just because I cannot find one in retail. Even in stores like Cabot they have them only in catalogs, not on display. I want to make sure the guy will use something what will do the job and look good (what means I will not see the hinges at all). I called the customer support at better hardware websites, but they were not sure too. Today I have learned about hinges more than I ever wanted to know. I suspect that I am looking either for piano hinges or Sass. Tomorrow i am going to a furniture store for further investigation. If anybody has some more ideas I will really appreciate.

Olena

Old 07-29-09, 06:50 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
If you're having it custom built, give the builder your request and let him do it. It is his job. But for information, you will see the hinges, period. So make your request reasonable. Piano hinges, especially you will see, since they run the entire length of the mirror.