where can I get these hinges?

Old 08-04-09, 04:31 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
where can I get these hinges?

these are from a piece of furniture. I have the instructions, but there isn't any company name on them! wife bought it from overstock.com several years ago. basically the thicker part (5/16") goes into the door. the smaller part (3/16") is spring loaded goes into the frame. you put the part in door and push down other part and push door into frame and then it small part poops out into the frame. I searched on internet for hinges but didn't find anything like this. I could just get piece of 3/16" dowel and tape around one end to make it 5/16", shove it into the door and put other end into frame. of course, this requires me to take it apart to do it this way. I guess not that big a deal, but if I could find these I would probably just buy them.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-09, 05:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You may check Rocklers for barrel hinges. They work on a similar principle, but you would have to redrill both sides, most likely.

Old 08-04-09, 05:43 PM
H
thanks, but went to site and looked. much more work than worth doing and cost a lot too. would just use my dowel rod as mentioned than these. looked at all hinges on site and none seemed to work. maybe could email them photo and see what they can do.

Old 08-05-09, 01:27 PM
W
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Hinges

Look for bifold door hinges in the door hardware section at your home center.

Old 08-05-09, 03:32 PM
H
I'll check, but all the bifold doors I have in my house do NOT have one side that is able to be pushed inside the other. They install by putting hinge in door, then a metal plate inside the track slides over and a hole in plate goes down over the hinge and a screw pulls that plate down against the track and holds it there. but maybe there is different kind that will work.