kitchen cornes for top and bottom of cabnets

Old 04-27-00, 12:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

We have installed our own Kitchen, but have come up against a brick wall. The molding that is for the top and bottom of the cabnets, we just dont know how to put them on. The top cabnets are mostly 45o angles and 90o angles but arount the corner shelves at the windows its less than 90o and more that 45o. Its 45o plus 22.5o, but I dont know how to do it. p.s the kitchen is solid maple. please help as I want it finished.

Old 04-29-00, 10:56 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Ned,
Are you asking at what angle to cut the trim so that the joints fit on an off-angle corner on a cabinet? If so, the miter angle is 1/2 of the total angle. 45 degree cuts for a 90 degree corner, 22 1/2 degree cuts for a 45 degree corner, etc. Without getting into complicated mathematics and explanations, you should be able to guess at an angle cut on two scrap pieces of trim and then adjust the angles until you get a good fit. Then just cut the angle on the good pieces of trim and nail them up. If this doesn't help, re-post your question with a little more explanation of what you need help with, and I will try again.

------------------
Be the job great or small, do it well or not at all!

Check out Timber Tailor tool reviews at:
www.thetimbertailor.cjb.net

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: