?How to Build a Bed Loft 4 My Dorm Room?

Old 04-09-00, 12:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

N e one got plans 4 how to build a dorm room bed loft? Any suggestions ideas?
Please email to
Rob720@hotmail.com

Old 04-09-00, 06:52 PM
Visiting Guest
Rasta,
Sorry, I don't have any ideas for you, but check back here in a day or two to see if other visitors might have suggestions.
If you come up with a set of plans you like and have questions on the actual building, I would be happy to try to help.

------------------
Be the job great or small, do it well or not at all!

Check out Timber Tailor tool reviews at:
www.thetimbertailor.cjb.net

Old 04-09-00, 09:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Try here: http://www.familyfun.com/content/jan...bed/index.html If that's not what your looking for: about 30 years ago a friend of mine built a loft bed using a ledger on the wall with chains suspended from the ceiling joists.

Old 04-11-00, 02:43 PM
Visiting Guest
I don't want to be rude..but make sure you can build a bed loft in your dorm room first...one of my friends did, and got in LARGE amounts of trouble.
Rachel

Old 05-08-00, 08:57 AM
Visiting Guest
When I was in college, there was a pretty universal concept for lofts. We had some guys build ours.

Basically it was six 2x6 boards. Four of the them were used as posts/legs. The other two spanned across the room at the ceiling like joists along what would be the head and foot of the beds. They connect to the legs with bolts.

The beds were then fastened to the legs with a bolt (this was the sides of the 2 beds closest to the wall). For the sides of the beds towards the interior of the room, a chain was hung from the joists to the interior corners. That way the Beds could be angled up when not in use (tilt the bed up and wrap the chain around the interior sides to hold it.)

Old 05-31-00, 03:24 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Cheapest way I know of it to take an old bunkbed, take out the bottom rack, and you have an instant one Old army/navy surplus ones are made of metal and last forever In college I had one and put my computer desk in the saved space

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: