Internet Stair Parts???

Old 09-07-09, 06:56 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Internet Stair Parts???

I need to order some stair parts and was wondering if anyone has ordered parts off the internet. I have been looking at either stairsupplies.com or stairpartsusa.com. Has anyone ordered any parts from either of these companies? If so what did you think.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-09, 11:46 PM
I have ordered stair parts from stairsupplies.com several times. I've ordered complete stair rebuild parts, as well as just a few parts.
They have been excellent at customer service. They even caught a discrepency in one of my orders, and saved me hundreds in - what would have been replacement parts, not to mention another three weeks for me to get the right parts, and for the customer to have a completed staircase.

You really need to know what your ordering before you place the order. Go over your list several times before placing the order - because once they start producing your parts, you own them (and are paying for them). Any changes will be additional cost.

Old 09-09-09, 07:14 PM
O
Thanks. Just orderd some from stairsupplies.com

Old 09-10-09, 10:31 AM
V
Stair refurb - nosing, risers

My basement stair steps have a rise of 8 1/4" and a run of 10". The riser is pretty high but I don't plan to replace the stringers.

I want to replace the old treads and risers (not glued) to prevent squeeking, and then I plan to have the stairs carpeted.

What is the proper way to install risers and treads?

Do I install risers first (full 8 1/4" riser. 3/4" wide)? Or, do I install the tread first?

I bought 11.5" treads so this will give me a 1.5" nosing (assuming the riser is installed first).

What is an acceptable tread nosing length. Is 1.5" too long? Should I go with a 1" nosing and trim down my treads by .5"?

Thanks!!!!