Two Part Bleach - Where to find?

Old 12-02-09, 10:20 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Hello all. I have some dark water stains in my old pine floors and I was told that the best thing to use is a "two part bleach" if oxylic acid does not work (it didn't). Problem is, no matter where I call (Ace Hardware and the like) nobody seems to carry it. Is there a common brand name for this product? Perhaps the fact that I'm calling it "two part bleach" is throwing the stores off?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-09, 11:05 AM

I have used it before, but do not remember where i got it. It worked well for restoring and changing colors, but it could be too strong and hard to work with for some applications. There was a part A and a part B.

Wear gloves and read the instructions carefully. Go to a real paint store (SW or BM). You might even find it at a Rocklers woodworking store

Dick.

Old 12-02-09, 01:27 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
I had pretty good results on my deck (almost black by the time I realized the contractor was not coming back) using regular laundry bleach. 10-20% solution in water should do the trick.

Old 12-02-09, 02:28 PM
E
Thanks for both responses. I can't find two part for the life of me. So I'm trying regular bleach. We'll see how it goes.