Converting Armoire Doors

Old 12-15-09, 11:11 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Converting Armoire Doors

I have a TV Armoire with the slide hiding doors. I want to convert them to hinged doors on the front to allow for more space inside to put a Flat screen TV in it. As it is, I have about 34" between the doors when they are inside, which limits me to a 32" TV. I'll have almost 40" if I can hinge the doors to the front and fold back out of the way. Has anyone ever done this?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-09, 12:03 PM
W
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Doors

Post a photo so we can see what you see.
Are the doors large enough to cover the opening?
Will the track leave any voids showing on the front after the tracks are removed?

Old 12-15-09, 12:54 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

I'll try to take some pictures, but I have a 42" tube TV in there now and there's little room to see anything.

Yes, the doors fill the whole opening, but inside the frame. They are not "overlay" type doors. The hinge on the track allows the doors to be flush and only enough gap to allow the door to swing out to be pushed inside.

That may be part of my answer. I was thinking I need a hidden hinge, but I may have enough gap to get a partially hidden 270 degree hinge in there.

The doors are hard to manipulate right now because of the current TV that's in there. That TV weighs a ton. If I take it out to work on the hinges, it stays out.