draw hits door trim

Old 02-09-10, 05:23 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
draw hits door trim

[SIZE=3]I put a new vanity in my bathroom. I glued the backsplash against the wall so moving the vanity is not a pleasant option. The problem is the vanity draw hits the door trim. I need to shave a inch off the back (thickness) of the door trim or use some other material that is less than a inch thick to trim the door. Is it possible to shave the trim? Any other ideas would be appreciated.[/SIZE]

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-10, 05:36 AM
W
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Drawer

Could you remove and relocate the drawer front? It should be attached to the drawer box with screws accessable from the inside of the drawer.

Old 02-09-10, 08:26 AM
M
Sounds like a problem. Depending on the type of trim you have you may or may not be able to thin it somewhat with a table saw by cutting the back off. I'm guessing that you can't do that so your next choice is to get some 3/4" pine and either plane it down to about 3/8" or resaw it down. Another option, although a desperate one would be to trim a little off the side of the drawer. The final and best would be to tear off the back splash and start over. In the long run it will be quicker and look better.

Old 02-09-10, 08:39 AM
R
the back splash is granite and applied with a PL adhesive directly to the sheet rock. any thoughts on the best and least painful way to remove it?

thanks

Old 02-09-10, 05:24 PM
D
Perhaps a hacksaw blade can be stuck between the sheetrock and black splash allowing you to saw through the PL.

Old 02-10-10, 05:19 AM
R
fixed

the vanity top was also glued on . the cheap lowes vanity probably would fall apart if i tried to take the top off. i found a composite door trim kit at the home depot. very thin. i glued it to wall and lightly sanded a small area to allow draw to pass. looks fine for a master bath. thanks for your help.