Office Desk?

Old 08-15-11, 03:38 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Office Desk?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm new here (as you can tell) and just getting into DIY.

I want to build an office desk similar to the one Danny Venlet designed (The Goggle Desk).

But, I have no idea how i could even start to build this. I want this to be a cool project for me. If any of you could give me suggestions for the materials to use to build this (more concerned of how i could do the bends) whether it would be made out of acrylic or any wood, i'd like some input!

Thank you, Ryan.

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 08-16-11 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Link removed
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-11, 04:49 AM
Group Moderator
Received 53 Votes on 43 Posts
You're in the right forum. Jumping to the bottom line, I'm an advance DIY woodworker and I wouldn't attempt that design. I'm guessing that's some kind of laminated MDF that's been preformed.

Old 08-16-11, 05:20 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yeah over night i've been thinking about it, and I completely agree with you!

I've came across a more simple design that i'd like to give a go at (I would buy one but seeing as I dont have that much money to spend on one, and i cant find anywhere to buy designs like this)

http://www.nabuzz.com/wp-content/upl...gn-800x621.jpg

Do you have any ideas on how you could build something like that? I want it to have that glossy and smooth look, But i don't know how you could do that with wood...

I was thinking you could build a structure out of MDF or plywood and for the curved look use two flexi MDF layers (one on top, one underneath) and do it like that...

Any ideas?

Old 08-16-11, 06:10 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Those both look rough to do with wood, I think I would either buy something or start with a plan with pretty much only corners instead of the rounded look of those two desks.