SCREENS

Old 02-07-01, 06:30 PM
Visiting Guest
I NEED PLANS FOR A 3 PANEL SCREEN. ALL WOOD OR FABRIC/WOOD FRAME. HELP!

Old 02-14-01, 08:33 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up screens

I have several plans for all types of screens. I have all wood, wood frame/window screen, wood/wall paper, wood frame/fabric, wood frame/cardboard and thats just what I have in front of me now, I have more in my files. What are you most interested in?

Old 02-15-01, 09:44 AM
Visiting Guest
I am most interested in all wood, wood frame/fabric-cardboard. I live in one of those places where the floor plan designer lacked sense and imagination but was related to the builder, so he got the job.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Old 02-15-01, 11:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up screen instructions

These instructions are basic, you determine the exact measurements. Part 1 of 2
Each panel for full-size screens are 18" w and varies from 60 to 76" h. Made from 1x3" lumber.
Cut the boards to the desired length for both the upright and horizontal (rail) pieces. Shape the tops on the uprights into points or dogears, if desired.
Lay out the pieces for one panel and mark the placement of the rail pieces. The bottom rail should fit so each panel has 4" long "legs". The placement of the top rail varies with the design of the screen.
The end of each rail is attached to the side of the adjoining upright with a pair of 3/8" diameter, 2" long dowels. Mark where the dowels will fit on both the upright and rail pieces, making sure they align perfectly. Drill 3/8" diameter, 1 1/16" deep holes that are straight and level at the marked spots. Glue the dowels in place, then clamp the pieces together until the glue dries. Repeat this assembly for the other panels.
After panels are assembled, sanded and finished, stack frames flat with edges and ends flush. Place 1/16" temporary spacers between each panel to allow for hinge clearance. Mark hinge placement, using two or three 1 1/2 x 1 1/2" butt hinges on each side. For a three panel screen, join the panel at the bottom of the stack (end panel when upright) and the middle panel with hinges and screws. Move to the opposite side of the stack and attach hinges to the middle and top panels. For a 4-panel screen, join the panels in the same manner, alternating sides for the hinges.

Old 02-15-01, 11:48 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Part 2 of screen 1

A fabric screen is great when a room needs character development.
Cut fabric 3" w and longer than the panel openings. Turn edges under 1/2" and machine-stich or glue. Center fabric over each opening, then tack in place with decorative tacks. Cover your hammer's head with tape to keep from damaging the tacks. For the best look, use a print on the screen front and a soild fabric on the back.
A second screen idea:
Cut a sheet of 3/4" birch plywood so it is 60" long; then cut that piece into three 15 3/4" w panels. If a fourth panel is needed, rip another 15 3/4" piece from a second plywood sheet, and cut it to 60"w. If you want a picket's tip, mark 12" down form the top on each side of a panel's front and draw lines from those two points to the top center point. Cut along lines with a jigsaw or circular saw fitted with a fine tooth plywood-cutting blade. Sand and slightly round edges with 120 grit sandpaper. If you like this one, let me know and I will tell you some decorating options.

Old 02-15-01, 03:10 PM
Visiting Guest
Once again, thank you. Home Depot, here I come!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: