Modular Box Design Ideas?

Old 08-17-16, 01:31 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Modular Box Design Ideas?

I am constructing what is called a laminar flow hood. It is useful for breeding plants and other things.

They can take up a lot of space so I'd like to build it into two detachable pieces. One would be a fully enclosed box containing a fan and filter. The other would be a box open on two sides. One side of this box would attach to the fan/filter assembly, the other would be open for a working space. They need to attach securely so no air gets between them. Some type of gasket material may be necessary like what is used around doorways

They need to fit together fairly securely. It can be built anyway I like. I'd like to be able to slide the top into some type of hanging fasteners and then use bungees on the side to pull them together but I don't know what kind of fasteners to look for.

Worst case scenario I can use bolts and wingnuts all around but this doesn't seem elegant. Any ideas?

Old 08-17-16, 02:10 PM
C
Received 169 Upvotes on 137 Posts
If you search for "draw latch" you will find a variety of hook and latch type fasteners that would let you put the bottom piece in place and then draw it tight against the gasket.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: