Locating veneer for older kitchen cabinets

Old 05-29-17, 01:39 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Locating veneer for older kitchen cabinets

Name:  P_20170529_152940_vHDR_On[1].jpg
Views: 180
Size:  14.9 KBName:  P_20170529_152949_vHDR_On[1].jpg
Views: 184
Size:  15.1 KB

This thin trim laminate used to be sold by Rockler. I had thought "Oh, it will always be around..." But now, the demand for these repairs on old cabinets, etc. may have slipped and the supplier / manufacturer is now a mystery. Who still makes / sells this stuff?

Thank you,
Old 05-29-17, 05:26 PM
Handyone's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: U.S.
Posts: 5,449
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks like the doors are RTF, rigid thermofoil. The RTF would be too difficult to apply.
You could trim off the end and glue on a new real oak piece or try thin wood veneer.
The doors also might be reversible, left and right. If they're reversible you can fix the damage and try to hide it at the bottom.

I would replace the doors, here's a link to a site I've used:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: