Installing cabinets after tile has been installed

Old 08-03-18, 02:41 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing cabinets after tile has been installed

Name:  IMG_20180803_043448.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  96.7 KBThis is not my choice. I am living with someone else for awhile and I do home renovations. I have built free standing cabinets but not installed kitchen or bathroom cabinets. I know I can do the cabinets BUT she had a beautiful tile job done and the tiles go up around the kitchen island and the vanity. The tiler even used grout around the toilet (grrrr). That seal is a done deal so I will be dealing with that too.

The real problem is that no one anticipated pressed board cabinets. I anticipate the need for changing things out completely, rather than repair. The vanity has bubbling under the paper and the island hinges are all shifting on busted up press board. A "fix" will not last on the island doors.

I am completely baffled at the best way to do this. It is a nice tile job with thick grout on the top where it meets the cabinets (or walls).

What is the best way to do this?

I guess I could go over the tile edges and put a floor in the island and vanity. Should I use a tile person to take that down? I wish they thought about pressed board

Old 08-03-18, 03:45 AM
Received 372 Votes on 337 Posts
Seems to me removing the tiles and rebuild the cabinet with plywood. Repair is not a good option.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: