saw horses

Old 09-22-19, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
saw horses

not sure if this is the right spot for this question...am looking to get some new saw horses..just what out there is any good or should I look at making wood ones...not a lot of space to work with...so it will have to fold up

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-19, 03:55 PM
Received 60 Votes on 57 Posts
High end plastic ones are decent. A lot depends on how you want to use them. Just to hold up a panel to make a table then cheap ones will do, but if you want to do carpentry then wood or high end plastic is what you want.

Consider those vise style adjustable tables that can hold odd shapes and they fold up. I find mine invaluable.

Old 09-22-19, 04:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 339 Votes on 317 Posts
I've had all different ones but the fold up plastic ones are the best. They fold easily, hang easily, open easily. For what they are.... most sets are reasonable in price..... $35-50. I've seen them much cheaper but I don't think I'd consider those.

Old 09-22-19, 04:29 PM
Received 56 Votes on 51 Posts
I like the Ebco folding metal horses. Built my own wood ones for years, but bought a set of the Ebco ones 10-15 years ago, now have 6 sets I think, and they're perfect as far as I'm concerned. They're every bit stable as heavier wood ones, at something like half the weight, not flimsy like some of the others I have seen, and there are 4 holes in the top so that you can attach 2x4's with #8 or 10 sheet metal screws.

Old 09-23-19, 06:15 AM
Group Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 43 Posts
It's been nearly twenty years since I bought them but I got some decent (not top of the line) horses at Menards for $6 each. They fold up nicely and so between the low price and low storage space requirement, I bought six of them.