Leveling a Floor to Ceiling Pantry Cabinet

Old 10-11-19, 11:07 AM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Leveling a Floor to Ceiling Pantry Cabinet

I just installed a floor to ceiling pantry cabinet in my kitchen (96"), and I'm curious about the correct way to level it. I am using a laser for my base cabinets, but I'm not able to do that for this one. I checked it for level by placing a level on the inside. My understanding is that I also need to check it front to back. It's hard to see with it turned this way, but I'm sure I can figure it out. Is there anything I'm missing, or are there any tips that would help with getting this leveled correctly? Thanks.

Old 10-11-19, 01:22 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
It can be tough and there is no one hard and fast right way. Often it's a compromise. If your house's walls, floor and ceiling are all perfectly plumb, square and level then it's easy. Tougher is that most homes are slightly off so you have to use your judgement between truly level/plumb versus what looks good as far as gap to the wall, ceiling or adjoining cabinetry.

Old 10-11-19, 01:35 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
To add to what PD says, molding and shims can hide many flaws with uneven walls or un-level floors.

Old 10-11-19, 01:52 PM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Place the level in the vertical position on the outside of the pantry and read the plum vial.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: