Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Carpentry, Cabinetry and Interior Woodworking
Reload this Page >

kitchen cabinet loose thing how to tighten no screw holding it

Old 02-15-21, 08:52 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I have the attached that is lose and moves up and down. It is not attached to the kitchen cabinet by any screws. Does anyone know what this is or how to tighten it?

Old 02-15-21, 11:13 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
It appears to me the screw holding it to the cabinet is the only attachment place. The big squarish part needs to be tight against the cabinet so it cannot move.Then the one screw into the cabinet will hold it tight and in place. If the hinge needs to be further away from the frame, then you need to shim between the square thing and the cabinet insides so it cannot swivel. I am speaking about the top hinge with no door attached.

Old 02-15-21, 11:24 AM
Group Moderator
Received 895 Votes on 821 Posts
The soft close device looks like it simply slides onto the face frame mounted hinge. You should be able to seperate the soft close device by pulling it forward until it unhooks itself from the hinge.

Then since those are face frame mounted 35mm hinges you would need to fasten the hinge to the face frame with a screw. Once its secure, slide the soft close device back on.

If the existing screw is stripped, simply use a longer screw.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: