Problem digital tape measure

Old 11-22-21, 09:22 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Problem digital tape measure

digital tape measure -distance measurer -

Just bought a Ozito -Laser range finder - to my regret I see its limitations -what u get is what U pay my friend always tells me.
So this only works up to 25meters , it measures ok , but thats all it does , but not live if u know what I mean ? Please tell me if the more expensive brands can do more that just measure ??? Only reason I bought it was for measuring inside walls to hang up pictures. So I had expected this model - when you place your hand in front how many centimeters away your hand is and as you move hand either closer of further you can see the digital display change accordingly - No thats not how it works !!!
to my 2nd downfall - tell me if Im wrong - it is not possible to have the laser to be adjusted to a distance of laser saber to what u want say 1 or 2 meters ?
So once I found out the distance for middle of my wall I then want to half each side - so a 6 meter wall with 3 pictures
1.5m 1.5m
[ | | | ] 6
so how do I adjust the digital measurer for 3meters ??? Does this not make the digital gadget useless and makes old tape measures more practical than digital ??

Last edited by roger.trio; 11-22-21 at 09:25 PM. Reason: line up
Old 11-23-21, 12:04 AM
Received 946 Votes on 859 Posts
Laser measuring devices are only good for estimated distances, you would never use one to measure anything that had to be cut to size like a board.

IMO they are pretty much useless, I can pace off a distance to get a rough idea of size and that doesn't take any batteries.

Old 11-23-21, 07:52 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,560 Votes on 1,403 Posts
A laser tape measure only measures distance. Since most don't have large keypads and displays there is no way to add formulas or to tell it what calculations you want to make. They are helpful for a real estate agent to quickly measure the rough dimensions of rooms but I don't know of anyone that uses them for construction or finish work. An old fashioned tape measure and a basic knowledge of math is faster and more accurate.

You might get more of the features you want with a laser level but it won't do math for you. It will only project a line wherever you want.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: