Refinishing giant wooden table

Old 04-22-22, 01:02 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Refinishing giant wooden table

Hello!

I am currently working on refinishing a very large wooden table and need help actualizing my vision. I've sanded down the entire table with about 150 grit paper and now am trying to achieve a specific effect. I got the idea from an old mirror my mom had that also reminds me of those deep red happy buddha statues. Looks like it involves some color washing but I would really love to hear anyone's idea on how they would go about making this effect. I'll attach pictures of the mirror below, any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you thank you

Last edited by PJmax; 04-22-22 at 01:12 PM. Reason: resized pics
Old 04-22-22, 04:33 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,289 Upvotes on 1,227 Posts
How about some pictures of the table and a description of what you're trying to do - I don't know your intended result from looking at the pictures of the mirror frame.

Old 04-22-22, 07:14 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
technique

Ah I don't have pictures of the table right now but I'm just trying to figure out the technique used on the mirror frame, like does it look stained? or does it have a base coat and then washed with darker shades? Trying to find someone with a better eye than I 👁

Old 04-23-22, 06:44 AM
Received 399 Upvotes on 348 Posts
That looks like a poly stain color that I have used called Bombay Mahogany. The lighter areas have more of the stain wiped off. If your table has deep carvings you might be able to achieve that look. If it is smooth or has shallow carvings the effect will be harder or impossible to obtain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: